Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M402n
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have added a 3rd tray to my LaserJet Pro M402n and I have my printer set up to be able to print letter and legal sized docs in the same print job. I have my letter paper in tray 2 and legal in tray 3, but I'm having issues with my legal docs printing correctly. Typically, the first page of the legal batch will print just fine, but every page after that starts printing a quarter of the way down the page and therefore cuts off the bottom quarter of the document. If I print each page individually, they print fine - they just won't print consecutively, so it become very time consuming to print if I have a handful of legal docs. This is ONLY happening with my legal docs - letter is printing just fine! Is there anything I can do to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

That behaviour really sounds as it either the setting on the printer or on the driver or program are conflicting. When you configure the driver set the paper source to allow printer to auto select paper size.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

How do I configure the driver to do that? The printer has no problem printing to the correct paper size. It pulls from the correct tray for letter and legal, but the legal formatting is messed up and starts printing 1/4 down the page. If I go into Adobe - File - Print, I have it set to print Actual size and "Choose paper source by PDF Page Size". When I click on "Page setup" it only allows me to choose one paper size option. When I choose the default setting as letter, my legal docs format strangely, but when I change it to Legal, my letter size docs formats strangely. *sigh*

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.