Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer

It is showing a paper jam and I can not find any paper jam .

It looks  clear to me.

0x6100004a

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @unit1606,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a paper jam with your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-In-One Printer. Paper jams can be frustrating, but I'll do my best to help you resolve the issue. Here are some steps you can take to clear the paper jam.

• Turn off the printer: Start by turning off the printer and unplugging it from the power source. This will ensure your safety while working on the paper jam.
  • Open the printer cover: Locate the printer cover or access panel at the front or top of the printer. Open it to gain access to the printer's paper path.
  • Remove jammed paper: Carefully and gently pull out any visible jammed paper. Be cautious not to tear the paper while removing it. If the paper is stuck and difficult to remove, avoid using excessive force, as it may cause damage to the printer.
  • Check the paper path: Use a flashlight to examine the entire paper path, including the input and output trays, for any small pieces of paper or debris. Remove any obstructions that you find.
  • Clear the paper feed rollers: Look for the paper feed rollers, which are rubber rollers that help pull the paper through the printer. If you see any dust or debris on the rollers, gently clean them with a soft lint-free cloth dampened with water. Make sure the rollers are dry before reassembling the printer.
  • Check for torn paper fragments: Sometimes, small pieces of torn paper can remain inside the printer and cause further jams. Carefully inspect the printer's interior and remove any remaining paper fragments.
  • Reassemble and test: Once you've cleared the paper jam and checked for any obstructions, close the printer cover or access panel. Plug the printer back in, turn it on, and try a test print to ensure that the paper jam issue has been resolved.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.