Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-30-2022 08:14 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a paper issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: Fixing a Carriage Jam | HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All-in-One (G510n)
If the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
11-30-2022 01:19 PM
If the paper twists or skews as it is fed, indicates that there is some sort of obstruction in the paper path and you will need to find it. The obstruction will be on the side that feeds in the least,
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community