Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have had HP Office Jet Pro 6978 for just under or over a year. It was a Xmas gift 2019. It persistently jams, we clear it, it jams again, won't print, prints partial page, seems to have feed issues as well. Help please?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@klb2021

Welcome to the HP support community.

Clean the paper tray rollers

1. Carefully lift the printer and set it on its side.

2. While supporting the printer with one hand, pull the paper tray open to expose the paper rollers underneath the printer.

Rollers underneath the printer

3. Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.

4. Press the cloth against the rollers inside the printer, and then rotate the rollers upwards with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.

5. Allow the rollers to dry completely (approximately 10 minutes).

6. Close the paper tray, and then set the printer upright.

Clean the paper feed rollers from inside the ink cartridge access area.

1. Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the power cord.

WARNING: 

Disconnect the power cord before reaching inside the printer to avoid risk of injuries or electric shock.

2. Open the ink cartridge access door.

Opening the ink cartridge access door

3. Lightly dampen a lint-free swab with distilled or filtered water.

4. Press the swab against the rollers inside the printer, and then rotate the rollers upwards with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.

Cleaning the rollers in the cartridge access area

5. Allow the rollers to dry completely (approximately 10 minutes).

6. Close the ink cartridge access door.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then turn on the printer.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.