Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

printer says load paper but paper is loaded..tried all HP suggestions

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You need to provide more information for anyone to help you.

1. what printer do you have

2. when does the error occur:  When inserting a tray with paper the message comes up immediately or when I send a print job the printer prompts for a particular type of paper.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

My HP Envy Photo 7800 is unable to load paper and gives the error message load paper. But that is already loaded. New driver installed, followed all the instructions abt cleaning. still no result. Working with Windows 10 on a HP Omen. But I suppose it is a hardware issue.

HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a

It looks fine when I reload the paper but then when I send the print job I can hear the spinning but it doesn't feed the paper.  After a few seconds it gives me the error that I need to load the tray.

HP Recommended

I have an hp  PSC 1600 All-in-One. This is  new problem for a printer that’s always worked. The paper loads from  below. I cleaned the rollers and am using standard, approved paper. The paper never advances to the rollers. I’ve identified two “things” that are situated above the paper and act as initial stops for the Piece of paper about to be fed to the rollers. I assume these two objects advance the paper to the rollers, which are at the rear of the printer. I don’t know how to access these two objects  nor do I know how to check if they are doing what they’re supposed to do. 

HP Recommended

Okay, I found the solution myself. Although I cleaned all the parts that were mentioned at the HP site, I failed to do it properly apparently. I cleaned all the wheels mentioned thoroughly, and it worked again. Don't forget to disconnect the cable....

HP Recommended

HP Envy 4520 I have checked the paper, turned off and on; it says alignment started, does a bit of gronking and then says load paper again and again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.