Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-12-2022 09:21 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand the printer makes a Grinding Noise after replacing the colour ink. If the carriage moved to the centre, or if the service station lowered, remove the cartridges. Check inside the printer for any broken parts.
Let's try these steps to resolve the issue:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Refer to the YouTube video: Replace the Print Cartridge | HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All-in-One
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community