Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an office jet 8620 that is jamming and I can't find a fix, it is jamming at the roller right outside the place where the paper goes after its done printing. I have rebooted the printer and I have tried to make sure the rollers aren't obstructed. I really don't want to not have to spend money on repairs. I have even stuck a GoPro in the printer but I can't see anything because there is no light. The last time I tried printing, it jammed and the printer didn't even detect the jam.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@guyish1 

Known solutions, presented in the order to be completed / considered:

Paper Jam Error

What else?

Not sure - it is not a new printer - the mechanics might actually be "worn" and the printer is finally in need of replacement.

If you have not done so,

Try some different paper - the paper itself is not likely "suddenly" unusable, but it is worth trying other paper if you have it.

Make sure the printer is plugged into a wall outlet as opposed to a surge protector, for example.  Why? "This is how it is supposed to work".

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

UPDATE: I tried opening up the printer and fixing it but when I tried opening it the printer fell off the table and broke beyond repair, thanks @Dragon-Fur for trying to help.

HP Recommended

@guyish1 

You are welcome.

Wow.  "Bummer"

Hopefully no one got hurt during the adventure.

Well, if you need anything else, let us know.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.