Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-27-2022 01:30 PM - edited 09-27-2022 01:32 PM
From one day to another, my Color Laser MPF 178nw creates a paper jam in the fuser, just before the output tray. I already tried changing paper quality, but no change.
The paper barely exits the fuser and then gets stuck. Just puzzled about what causes it and if the fuser (connected/wired to a PCB in the printer's side wall) can be replaced. Any indication on part numbers would be appreciated !!
10-04-2022 09:51 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting a paper jam error, I am glad to assist you.
Reset the printer
- Sometimes a paper jam error persists even though there is no jammed paper (false paper jam).
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
- NOTE:HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community