Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
IMac and Office pro 8600
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My newer IMac has been working just fine with my older Office Pro 8600 printer. (I don't want to upgrade this computer that is using High Sierra currently...because I want to be able to continue to use my old Photoshop).

I kept my old IMac because it has an older version of QuickBooks which I also want to keep… But which will not work on the new iMac..

I need and want to be able to print from my older computer...and use the same printer I have now...which is hooked up currently, only to the new iMac.

I tried this...I unplugged the printer Cable from the back of the new iMac and put it in the older one and tried to print the QuickBooks invoice, but printer could not be located… It said.

In any case there's only one portal in the back of the printer for that H looking square plug… So I'm wondering if there is something like a multi hub so that it can 'receive' another cable (which I have) and somehow be able to used the one printer for both computers. 

I am not good with sort of thing, and maybe someone knows what it will take to make it work Kirk.

Any and all help or advise is VERY much appreciated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.