Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
7520 e-all-in-one series
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I found a 7520 e-all-in-one series left out for free in my apartment building. It seems like a good piece of hardware but it's 10 years old. 

I've been trying to get zine printing done at professional print shops, but none of them are set up for the kind of printing I want and I have been having constant formatting issues, so finding this printer was a bit exciting. If I can make it work then it would make things much easier for me. 

The problem is, it was left out for a reason. IDK exactly what's wrong with it but on first booting it up I only get an error telling me the printhead is missing or installed wrong. I looked up some guides and toyed around with it a bit but I don't really know what I'm doing. 

If it is fixable it's likely something I may need to buy parts for. I'd be willing to do that but if this printer is too old to work with my operating system then I don't want to waste my time.

Is this thing worth repairing or should I just get rid of it and buy a new one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would highly recommend you not to invest in that printer. You will need to buy a new printhead and a set of 5 new inks just to fix the printhead error message.

Then depending on printer usage + its age you might have paper feed issues because the rubber rollers get hard with time making it to a misfeed or not even to feed.

There is a valid reason why it's left, you can't know what issues the previous user had.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I would highly recommend you not to invest in that printer. You will need to buy a new printhead and a set of 5 new inks just to fix the printhead error message.

Then depending on printer usage + its age you might have paper feed issues because the rubber rollers get hard with time making it to a misfeed or not even to feed.

There is a valid reason why it's left, you can't know what issues the previous user had.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you. 

I figured that would be the case but thought I'd ask anyway. 

I appreciate the heads up. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.