Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Office Jet 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, purchased 902 ink for my officejet 6970, but the printer says it is incompatible. Saw that there was a firmware update available, figured that might solve issue but the printer wont update. I've tried to update from off of the printer, downloaded firmware and tried via pc, tried via  EWS, nothing. I also tried factory resetting printer to see if that would work, still nothing. 

It keeps showing me that there is an update available, via downloaded firmware it tells me that the printer busy for some reason when its idle.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TJackey

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

If you insert your old cyan ink, do you still get the error message?

Regarding the firmware, we will do a reset on the Printer.

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As regards the ink, unfortunately I don't 🙈. As regards the reset that you sent me privately, now the printer won't go beyond initial setup because it says wrong cartridges are in... sigh...

HP Recommended

Do you have any other ink with you to check if this is a new cartridge issue or a printer issue?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I found one that somehow wasn't discarded. When I insert it, it basically asks for the others 

HP Recommended

Ok and do you have the other inks in already?

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.