Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M15w Printer

I have an HP laserjet pro m15 to connect to alexa. Requests a printer code. Cannot locate. Printer .works fine from pc and mobile using hpsmart. I have an hp account. I have linked this printer on pc and mobile and prints ok but when I go onto main hp it informs me I own no printers.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Graham112 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

There is information about the printer available that might help narrow the reason for the failure.

Could be a simple incompatibility.

For example,

According to the documentation, this printer does not meet all the prerequisites noted in the setup instructions for using Alexa with the printer.

Start here:

HP Printers - Printing with Amazon Alexa

Section > What are the requirements to print with Alexa?

Partial Excerpt of the section

Your printer supports HP ePrint and Web Services. Look for an HP ePrint button or icon or a Web Services icon  on the printer. For text-based menu displays, select the Setup, Settings, Wireless Settings, or Network Setup to confirm it has a Web Services menu.

What? There is no mention of ePrint or Web Services support for your printer.

References / Resources

Mobile Printing – Options for Printers

Start here

Print from your Android, iOS, or Amazon Fire device with the HP Mobile printing app.

Open the section for your printer series  >  Find your printer and supported applications.

HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

LaserJet Pro M14-M17 series:

LaserJet Pro M15a*, M15w

LaserJet Pro M16a*

LaserJet Pro M17a*, M17w

HP Smart app (recommended)

HP Print Service Plugin

Apple AirPrint

Wi-Fi Direct

Mopria Print Service

USB On-The-Go (Base models only)

* Base model

Product Specifications for the HP LaserJet Pro M15w Printer (W2G51A)

Section > Mobile printing capability

Mobile printing services
Apple AirPrint; Google Cloud Print 2.0; Mopria-certified; Wi-Fi Direct, HP Smart App
Mobile printing compatibility note
Apple AirPrint -Mobile device must have AirPrint. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Learn more at hp.com/go/mobileprinting. Google Cloud Print 2.0- Requires Google Cloud Print registration and Google account. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Learn more at hp.com/go/mobileprinting.

User manual:

HP LaserJet Pro M14-M17 - User Guide

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

HP LaserJet Pro M15w Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.