Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet M254dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hoped never to see this again, but here we are. 

The printer theoretically supports auto duplex printing on A5 paper - that's the main reason I bought it, and it's been working fine for a few years. Now, it's back to printing the front page as normal, but the text on the back page is upside down and mirrored. I'm attaching two images to illustrate the issue. The first image shows the front of the sheet, the second image shows the back. Left sheet is auto duplex, right sheet is manual. I didn't alter any other parameters.Front side - both normalFront side - both normalBack side - auto is chaosBack side - auto is chaos

I had this issue when I first bought my printer a few years ago, and customer service tried finding the problem for over an hour before recommending I just use another printer's driver instead. Everything worked fine, but now it's for whatever reason (probably an update) reset to the "proper" driver and I can't remember what the "hack" driver I used was. 

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

EDIT TO ADD: Didn't work, the printer just stopped printing completely instead. So I've reset everything back to how it was and am again stuck with a printer that doesn't do the one job I bought it for. 

-------

Ok so I found my old post of this same issue - I tried the same solution, so I've downloaded that old driver again. Now I just need to figure out how to make Windows 10 let me install it! I keep getting a pop-up saying that I've already installed the "best driver" for this device. 

Honestly the fact that this is an issue at all is ridiculous... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.