Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5020 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello

I opted out of the monthly subscription for my printer as I had / have enough HP printer cartridges.  I tried to print and it says my printer will not print with HP original cartridges!!  WTAF??  How do I print on my printer that I paid for with ink I already paid for - how do I get my printer unbricked without having to pay £3.00 pm for the 2 pages I print every 6 months?

Or do I just need to shell out for another printer that isn't run by evil greedy bastards?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Once you cancel your subscription plan the ink you received with that subscription will no longer work.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

So there's no way to re-enrol on a free plan to use the printer and ink I've already paid for? Is this seriously a thing now? I thought BMW were pushing the boat out charging to use heated seats!

Are you seriously confirming that there's no way to unbrick my printer?

If that's the case can you point me in the direction of HP complaints please?

HP Recommended

The printer should work with normal ink cartridges you buy in-store or online.  The instant ink cartridges you received during the subscription will no longer work after the end of the subscription.

In the Instant ink subscription, you are paying monthly for pages, not for ink. 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I understand the premise - but that's utterly ridiculous and I'd like to complain!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.