Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 4610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new (but in an opened box) HP 4610 printer. There are no setup cartridges. I have purchased genuine HP 564XL cartridges but printer is asking for setup cartridges. I cannot return the printer and understand you cannot purchase setup cartridges so I need to bypass the setup screen.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@cgb123

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Follow the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-4610-all-in-one-printer-series/5101228/document/is...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have followed the instructions in the link for Type 1 cartridges:
- Check the ink cartridges
Completed steps 1,2
Step 3 - cartridges are not setup but are genuine HP 564XL cartridges. Printer is new but return to retailer is not an option. Printer came from my now deceased brother who had 2 printers and had used both sets of setup cartridges in the first printer. I have the second and never used printer.
Completed steps 4,5,6,7
- Reset the printer
Completed steps 1,2,3,4,5,6 - still says use setup cartridges.
- Contact HP Customer Support
Completed steps 1,2 - warranty expired December 10, 2013
Completed step 3a - posted message and now replying to it.
Will try step 3b if HP reckon there is a solution to this issue.

HP Recommended

Did you try contacting the HP Support Team?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Contacted HP Support and was allocated a case number. Support person was very thorough and patient but problem remains. I understand the problem has been referred to a higher authority to see what can be done about the situation.

HP Recommended

Sure. I'm sure they will take care of it.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.