Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
2600 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm trying to download the hp app (either from here - https://123.hp.com/us/en/devices/dj2600series - or from here  - https://www.microsoft.com/pt-pt/p/hp-smart/9wzdncrfhwlh?wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=pivot:overviewtab) but the Get button doesn't seem to be responding. I've tried reloading the pages and nothing is working. How can I download this app to my computer? Better yet, is it possibe to print (2600 all-in-one) without using any sort of app, just connecting the printer to the computer via USB? Where can I connect the USB cable in the printer?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AnaPinto 

Hello,

Try downloading the HP Smart application directly from the Microsoft Store.

1. Open the Microsoft Strore apps.
  2. In the MS (Microsoft Store) Search bar, type HP Smart, then press Enter key.
  3. Click the HP Smart app, and then click the Install button.
  4. When the installation is complete, you can Launch it. Click on Launch button.

Otherwise, if you only want to print with it you will need at least the basic driver.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried so many different ways to download the app but nothing works. The Get button is there, I click on it and it doesn't respond, I doesn't do anything.

I think the problem might be with the microsoft store, why does HP have it's app on it? It's awful and it makes you vulnerable to their failings, maybe HP should consider having their own app to download on their own website, there's an idea 🙂

Anyway, it's still not working. I bought the fricking printer and now I need an app that I can't download in order to use the printer, thanks HP. Is there any other way I can download this app? Don't you have a direct download link?

HP Recommended

@AnaPinto

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Are you having problem downloading only the HP Smart App from Microsoft Store or is it with other Apps too?

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.