Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 9025
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Installed the 9025 last year on my MacBook Pro and my iMac. Worked fine. Two weeks ago the scanner stopped working. OK, probably needs an updated driver. Went to site but I can't get Easy Start (or HP Smart) to open. I've spoken to two computer experts who can't figure out why it's not working and spent 1.5 hours on the phone with HP tech, who ultimately said my printer was not compatible with Mojave. Seriously? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@macnancy, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The printer is compatible with Mac OS Mojave 10.14. Let us try to isolate the issue-

• Have you tried a different browser to download the HP Smart App or HP Easy Start?
  • What is the error when you try to download the software?
  • Is there any antivirus software installed on your computer?

Meanwhile, try the alternative to add the printer-

ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

Remove and add the printer

Click the Apple menu, and then select System Preferences.

Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Click the name of your printer, click the Minus sign, and then delete the printer.

Select printer and click the minus sign

Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select AirPrint

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Try to print.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@macnancy, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The printer is compatible with Mac OS Mojave 10.14. Let us try to isolate the issue-

• Have you tried a different browser to download the HP Smart App or HP Easy Start?
  • What is the error when you try to download the software?
  • Is there any antivirus software installed on your computer?

Meanwhile, try the alternative to add the printer-

ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

Remove and add the printer

Click the Apple menu, and then select System Preferences.

Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Click the name of your printer, click the Minus sign, and then delete the printer.

Select printer and click the minus sign

Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select AirPrint

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Try to print.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I find it humorous that not one of the "experts" who looked at the problem, including 2 HP tech support folks, suggested I try using a different browser! However, the one HP guy did some kind of workaround that got me back up and running. I will remember the browser trick if I have any more issues. 

I have malware installed. Wonder if that made a difference.

Thanks for taking the time to respond with helpful suggestions. Wish you had been the tech on the phone; I might not have spent 3 hours between the two techs getting the problem resolved.

HP Recommended

@macnancy

Happy to know it is up and running 🙂

Let me know if you need any further assistance

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.