Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This shared information is related to an old question "Cannot print different document formats (.DOC, .PDF, .TXT, etc.) on printer." more than a year ago where I could resolve the issue accidentally few months ago and drove me crazy.

The problem is related to a different used TEMP folder, which is grand ignored by the HP drivers.

On my PC system I’m using different TEMP folders to release the C: partition from disk space wasting. This change is causing the problem, although I didn't change the original TEMP folders.

Analysis

This problem is probably a type of permission problem within Windows.

We noticed some time ago that this often happens when the user's temp folders are not using the original paths. Therefore, please check first, where on your PC the "Temp" folders are.

You can easily check this as follows:

• Control Panel
  • System and safety
  • System
  • Advanced system settings (left side of the window)

In the following window, click on the "Environment Variables" button at the bottom. Please look here, what is registered at TEMP and TMP.

The "Temp" folder is usually under the following path:

C:\ Users\User Account\AppData\Local\Temp (then displays:% USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp).

C:\Windows\Temp (then displays:% SystemRoot%\TEMP).

Resolution

If you have entered a different path, please call this path once (normally via the Explorer) and check the permissions of this folder.

• Click on the folder with the right mouse button and select "Properties".
  • Switch to the "Security" tab.
  • Click on the "Edit" button.
  • In the next window, select your normal user.
  • Put the checkmark in "Full access" (under "Allow") and
  • Confirm with OK".
  • Also close the properties window with "OK".

Hope this will others to resolve their problems when the printer doesn't work than expected.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.