cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,216 5,204 270 384
Message 11 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@GIN13

Thanks for the update 🙂

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Have a great day 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 12 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Thank you to Marjory!   Who was the second printer technician I spoke to (the first one was obsessed with the network setup and when he couldn't fix the printing,  told me to buy a new printer, he could give me a discounted price.  My printer is only 1 year old and is functioning just fine).   

Marjory renamed the printer driver folder and reinstalled the drivers.   I can now print.    I am so thankful that she was able to fix my problem of printing to the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720.  The update must have corrupted the folder in some way.  There is still a problem with the Microsoft Print to PDF, but a separate issue.

Thank you for the Support!  I really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,465 17,444 1,093 1,090
Message 13 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@GIN13

I'm glad you were able to get this issue resolved.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a Message anytime you need help

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 14 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What does "rename the printer driver folder" mean?

Is this a folder in Windows or are you renaming the downloaded file? Please provide more information.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 15 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have been unable to locate the folder,so early I wasn't paying close enough attention.  I believe it was the driver folder which she renamed 3.old and copied the files into a new folder that she created called 3.  I have tried to locate it in case I have this same issue when the other PCs/laptops update, but thus far have been unsuccessful.  My laptop is running Windows 10 64 bit.  I am not sure if that made any difference as to why the folder seemed to be corrupted.   After the update, my printers disappeared.  Once HP support recreated the folder, my other printers reappeared (ones that I use in other locations).  She also removed all the software, drivers, printers associated with the OfficeJet 8720 and reinstalled them (a step Microsoft and I had tried muliple times before with no success). So, it seems like the new folder may have made the difference.  If you find the folder pathway for the drivers.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation