Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet F2280 All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I'm trying to find the Windows drivers for the HP Deskjet f2280 because Windows cant find them on its own.

Sadly I could only find the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows on the HP Website which does not help in any way, the Program recognises the Printer but says that the Drivers need to be installed and for that i should use the appropiate Software it then gives me a link to it but that link only leads to the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows.

The printer is connected over USB.

Does anyone know where I can find appropriate drivers for that printer?

Kind Regards

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@YeetMaster 

True -

There are no printer software drivers listed for Windows 10 OS.

Category Software and drivers for HP Deskjet F2280 All-in-One Printer 

If you can get it to find and add the printer series you need,

You might be able to use the Windows print drivers for basic print function.

HP printer setup (Windows built-in driver)

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

HP Deskjet F2280 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @Dragon-Fur

thank you for your answer.

Sadly the Built in Windows Drivers dont work and with Windows Update you cant find the correct one either.

Is there maybe a forum where old printer drivers are downloadable?

Kind Regards

HP Recommended

@YeetMaster 

You are welcome.

Sure, there are websites that specialize in old drivers.  The problem, if it can be considered that, is not just finding the driver but finding one that still works with the latest versions of the Windows Operating System.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @YeetMaster ,

Try the download from the next link:

On that link click over the file DJ_SF_NonNet_Full_W and click Download icon in the upper right corner

* Click on YES option  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX.

dodecaedron

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
HP Recommended

Hej!

Jag skulle vilja att ni aktivera på nytt min skrivare f.o.m idag. Den skulle vara avstäng t.o.m februari 2022 men jag behöver den nu.

Tack

Mvh

Liana Radu

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same issue and was able to solve it. 

You can use the official drivers for F2280 / F2200. It is possible to install it in Windows 10 and even Windows 11 by setting the program compatibility to Windows Vista before executing the exe file. Now the printer is running on my PC with Windows 11.

You can download it here:

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1M9qlInsz6aZQ5Tup8ypSbbMRuq53XR5c&export=download

Just download the ISO, open it and scroll down to the last file (setup.exe) in the folder. Click on it with right mouse button and change program compatibility to Windows Vista. Now execute the setup and install it. If you just want to install the driver without additional programs you can customize the intallation druing the setup.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.