Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I bought new cartridges for my printer and I can't use them because my printer says that they are not meant for my printer.

Researching on the internet I found out that the issue is that I bought my printer in the USA and my cartridges are from Mexico because I moved here. So I need to change my printer region by calling HP support.

The issue is that I have been calling HP support line for Mexico but they haven't been able to help me... they always tell me that either my warranty has expired or that they can't help me with a printer that I bought outside Mexico... so I was hoping somebody here could help me change my printer region.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Great 🙂

1. Launch the printer software from the desktop icon or Or, from the Start menu, click Start, All Programs, HP, the Product Name, and then the Product Name again.

2. Double-click the Estimated Ink Levels icon in the printer software. The Estimated Ink Levels window opens.

3. Press and hold the CTRL and SHIFT keys, and then right-click anywhere in the Estimated Ink Levels window, except for a button. The Set New Region window opens.

4. If the Set New Region window fails to open, right-click to the right and left of the Estimated Ink Levels window.

Use the "Copy to Clipboard" feature to paste the values here or take a screenshot of the screen and send it to me in private.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you have genuine and In-Warranty HP 122 Black and Tri-Color cartridges?

Please call the local contact center again, and explain that you moved with the printer from the US, as a reference provide the following support document which clearly states you are entitled to support on this matter, either if your HP printer is in Warranty or the HP Ink Cartridges are:

Capture.JPG

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02558798

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi! thanks for the reply.

Do you have genuine and In-Warranty HP 122 Black and Tri-Color cartridges?

I do!

Unfortunately I have lost all hope they can help me. I called 5 different times, all 5 times they told me they couldn't help me. I mentioned that on their website it says that because my cartridges are new and are in warranty I'm entitled to get help from them but they refused to do it. I asked to talk to their supervisor and they refused to do that too.

I was hoping somebody could help me do it here? looking through the history this seems to be a common request and I have seen people getting helped. Can I, PLEASE?

HP Recommended

Thanks  for the details @GastonSanchez.

I have brought this post to the attention of HP, so any further help could be provided.

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@GastonSanchez

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you @ShlomiL and @The_Fossette for helping! 

@The_Fossette I replied your PM with the information requested.

HP Recommended

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer. 

3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

Please do let us know.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty0610! thank you for helping.

I can confirm that I meet all of the conditions.

HP Recommended

Great 🙂

1. Launch the printer software from the desktop icon or Or, from the Start menu, click Start, All Programs, HP, the Product Name, and then the Product Name again.

2. Double-click the Estimated Ink Levels icon in the printer software. The Estimated Ink Levels window opens.

3. Press and hold the CTRL and SHIFT keys, and then right-click anywhere in the Estimated Ink Levels window, except for a button. The Set New Region window opens.

4. If the Set New Region window fails to open, right-click to the right and left of the Estimated Ink Levels window.

Use the "Copy to Clipboard" feature to paste the values here or take a screenshot of the screen and send it to me in private.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the instructions Bettyo0610! I sent you the values in private.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.