cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
APR22
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Connecting Deskjet 2540 to new modem.

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi and Help!

Just got a new modem from my cable company and of course, it has a new network name and wifi password. After several hours, I STILL can't figure out how to get my Deskjet 2540 printer connected back to wireless. Anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,850 28,007 5,559 12,149
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

First be sure to restore your printer's network settings by pressing and holding both the WiFi and Cancel buttons till the power light blinks, then restart your printer.

Ensure the blue wifi light blinks, if it is off press the wifi button once so it will start blinking.

Next follow HP Easy Start below by selecting a wireless connection to configure your printer for your new network:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,850 28,007 5,559 12,149
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

First be sure to restore your printer's network settings by pressing and holding both the WiFi and Cancel buttons till the power light blinks, then restart your printer.

Ensure the blue wifi light blinks, if it is off press the wifi button once so it will start blinking.

Next follow HP Easy Start below by selecting a wireless connection to configure your printer for your new network:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

APR22
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All I can say is, WOW and THANK YOU SO MUCH! That was so simple! When searching online last night for hours, I never saw anything that told me the FIRST thing I needed to do was restore the printer's network settings by pressing and holding both the "WiFi" and "Cancel" buttons until the power light started blinking and I'm not smart enough to know that it needed to be done.

Again, thank you so much for your advice and blessings!
APR22
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is strange. We can now print wirelessly on the Deskjet 2540 from the ipad, but not from the mac or our iphones. Could you please tell me how to fix this issue?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation