Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've just reinstalled the OfficeJet 8710 (again) using the HP Smart application. Two REALLY annoying deficiencies that seem to be problems with HP's driver. 1) It has no envelopes in the list of paper types, and any attempt to print an envelope just gives an error about having the wrong paper type loaded 2) printing two-sided  prints "flip on short side" no matter whether I choose "flip on short side" or "flip on long side". Installed on two different computers, same problem on both. I've checked for firmware updates and get message that firmware is up to date. Power cycled off and on. Uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing corrects these issues.

HP Smart seemed really slick until I actually the printer to do something other than portrait one-sided printing on 8 x 10 paper.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.