Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630
iOS

The previous conversation was never answered AND nothing has been changed in the app. 

My HP officejet 4630 printer was too old and could not talk to my new modem, so I bought a new printer and installed it using HP Smart in Windows.  I was able to remove the HP 4630 from the HP Smart app on the PC.  I then added the Envy Inspire 7200 using HP Smart on my iPad. But when I looked for a way to delete the old printer the option doesn't come up. 

HP Smart thinks I am just having problems adding the printer, so it tells me to check cables and network. No other option is given. According to the store I have the lates version of HP Smart mobile. 

So same question, how to remove a printer from HP Smart on iPad? Maybe have your programmer add the same hide feature to the mobile version? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MissPam_Samm 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Try here to remove unwanted device / printer.

HP Account - Login / Dashboard

Notes: 

• Log into your HP Account if / when you need central access to your device information, including the ability to update your personal  information.
  • Printers that are / were subscribed to Instant Ink might resist being removed and will remain in the list.
  • Open and Read >>>   HP Support Personal Dashboard Resource Guide 
  • Device renaming in the Dashboard does not rename the printer in Devices and Printers (Windows)

After the printer / device has been removed from the Dashboard,

If you are willing to do so,

Restart the router that controls your network.

and

Restart your devices (computer, iPad) and your printer, too.

Example - Dashboard - Remove unwanted device

HP_Account_Dashboard_5HP_Account_Dashboard_5

=============================

HP Smart - Mobile - Hide Printer -

The only way I know to remove a printer from the HP Smart is to "Hide Printer".

Try / Consider

After removing the printer from the Dashboard / HP Account and issuing a Restart on all the devices,

If the unwanted printer is still hanging around, try using the Hide Printer procedure.

If that fails, and the printer is gone everywhere else,

Uninstall the HP Smart app from your iPad,

Shut off the iPad for a minute,

Start the iPad > Get a new copy of the App from the Apple Store,

Install, connect, and start fresh...

General Example - HP Smart - Mobile - (iPadOS) - Menu

HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_17HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_17

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

References / Resources / Examples

User Guide - HP ENVY Inspire 7200 Series - HP ENVY Inspire 7900 series

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

Envy Inspire 7200 Series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Apparently, The Dashboard doesn't allow me to enter a non-existent printer which seems logical.  I never registered the old printer Officejet 4630 so dashboard only sees the new printer. So, I'll just have to live with it until the add the "hide" feature to the HP Smart mobile. 

BTW the reason I had to buy a new printer was because my new router could not communicate with the old printer due to difference in wireless protocols. 

Thanks for your help. 

Pam

HP Recommended

@MissPam_Samm 

You are welcome.

HP Smart Mobile should have a "Hide Printer"

I also don't deny that what you say is true -- does seem odd  --  Odd does not mean impossible.  Smiling.

It's also possible that the old printer is stuck in the app.

If you have not done so,

Try / Consider:

Uninstall the HP Smart application from your device.

Shut off the iPad- wait a minute - Switch on the iPad.

"Get" and install a new copy of the application from the Apple app store.

Connect, Add printer (the one you want) ...

Do this on any device where the "old" printer is stuck.

That means if you have more than one iPad or you have HP Smart installed on a Windows system, uninstall / reinstall the app on each device.

Bonus...

The Inspire 7200 is a nice printer -- and it does a couple of things that many printers do not support.

HP Envy Inspire 7255e | 7955e All In One printer How to print a Borderless 4x12 Panaromic Photo

and

HP Envy Inspire 7220e 7255e All In One printer How to print a 2 sided 4x6 photo or Duplex Photo

This tutorial shows how to print a 2-sided 4x6 inch photo on the HP Envy Inspire 7955e printer.

The HP Envy Inspire supports 5x5, 5x7, 4x6 Photo Duplex, 4x12 Panorama as well as Letter and A4 photo prints.

Example in the video uses supported HP Matte Photo Paper

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.