cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
rememberist
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Deskjet 2510 broken on Mac Catalina - malware detected in printer driver

HP Recommended
Deskjet 2510
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I know this is a known issue but is there a fix or a workaround?

Started getting malware messages when trying print to my HP Deskjet 2510 from Mac OS Catalina.

So HP recommends I uninstall the drivers with its Uninstall tool, which I did.

When I search for the right software to reinstall on the HP website, the only 'driver' listed is HP Easy Start, so I install that. HP Easy Start then recognises my printer but can't find the driver software and says: "We were not able to automatically locate any software options for this product. Please go to the HP website and search for product solutions there." 

So I'm going round in circles and I can't print. 

When I try to install the drivers via my Mac's 'Printers and Scanners' under Software Preferences, the 'malware' is detected and the install doesn't complete.

How do I get my printer working again? Any ideas, suggestions or help would be very gratefully received. 

1 REPLY 1
rememberist
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation