cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
ak345
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Did someone else already have my new printer?

HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M230dw

I just bought the new printer this evening (on March 13th),  On installing the APP, it indicates that the HP warranty expires Aug 4, 2021  even though the box says it will be for 1 year. This is only 5 months. Did someone else already own this printer OR is HP company running a racket here?

2 REPLIES 2
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,215 30,929 5,330 12,414
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Warranty listed for your device is originally listed by its manufacture date.

You should dispute the warranty by providing the invoice of the purchase to update the warranty information according to the  purchase date:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05084516

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
ak345
Author
2 1 0 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did return the one i originally received (with only 5 months of warranty left) and exchanged it to get a new one at Staples. The new one had a similar issue but had the warranty still available for 11.5 months. Used the reply from HP to my post by uploading receipt and had the warranty changed from 11.5 months to 12 months.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation