Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening !

I would be very grateful for your help!

I have Printer LaserJetPro MFP M428FDW.Two desktop computers Have Windows 10 64 bit.
Two desktop computers and a printer are connected to one router using network cables. One desktop computer is connected to the printer through the USB port and the full Full Software Solution is installed on this computer. The full Full Software Solution is not installed on the second computer.
1, Do I need to install the full Full Software Solution on the second computer?

2, Through the second computer I can print, scan, but I cannot send and receive faxes. Can the installation of the complete Full Software Solution program help me receive, send faxes and provide additional features?

Thank you very much for your Help and Support !!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@grigtar 

Yes. To be able to use all functions of your printer, you have to do install Full Feature Software and Drivers of printer to all of your computers.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Good morning!

Thank you VERY MUCH for your letter !!!

Before installing the Full Feature Software and Drivers of printer on the second computer  I can print and scan, but cannot send and receive faxes. The full Full Software Solution is not installed on the second computer.

Can I send and receive faxes on the second computer  If I install  Full Feature Software and Drivers of printer on the second computer ?

Description of the situation:

I have Printer LaserJetPro MFP M428FDW.Two desktop computers Have Windows 10 64 bit.
Two desktop computers and a printer are connected to one router using network cables. One desktop computer is connected to the printer through the USB port and the full Full Software Solution is installed on this computer. The full Full Software Solution is not installed on the second computer.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP !!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.