cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 21 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This thread hurts my brain.  The FIX is not to download a driver for a different printer, the FIX is for HP to make a driver for Windows Vista 64.  That chain is from December, it is now the middle of March and I am sure that me and the other guy aren't the only two people who bought this printer and use Vista 64.  Why wouldn't you fix the actual problem instead of giving unacceptable work arounds.  Has a driver been created?  Please let me know how many days it will take you to create it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,855 9,844 923 1,577
Message 22 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @mikek5

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 23 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm trying to help a friend who is having the same problem installing on a Vista 64-Bit system. The documentation says it wouks, however it doesn't and when you go to the HP support site it only lists Vista 32-Bit.

Has HP resolved this issue for Vista systems yet...having to work through all those gyrations and using 3rd party products to print or scan ARE NOT the proper solution.

Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
21 20 0 4
Message 24 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Chimney_83 wrote:

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested step. 

Recommend you to select Deskjet 990c when the computer prompts you to select the printer from the list. This should help you get the printer running correctly. 

Keep me posted. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

I just wanted to give thanks as this alternative driver idea finally resolved a problem I've had for nearly two years. I had a 32-bit Windows 7 machine and an HP 6968 printer that would not work. The driver would install, printer would show, and you could send documents to the printer queue, however they would never actually print and would dissapear from the queue. I tried MANY troubleshooting steps including the "HP Print and Scan Doctor" utility which identified there was an issue but said it was unable to resolve it. Finally I took the above suggestions and tried selecting another driver since HP probably uses the same or similar communication protocols between their printers. The 990c was not listed as an option for me, possibly because I was doing a network installation and not USB which is all I think the 990c supports.

Anyways I uninstalled the 6968 drivers, rebooted, added the printer manually by specifying the static IP I set it to, selected the HP "Officejet Pro 8000 A809 Series" driver, and immediately after I was able to print from the computer. Thanks for the suggestion!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation