Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9022e
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have a Apple MacBook Pro with MacOS 10.15

The App Store is not activated for this Mac. So I cannot download HP Smart.

Could you please provide the FTP location to download the current HP Smart for Mac?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies for jumping in.

The printer can be used with HP Smart app, and must be activated with the HP Smart app first as an HP Plus printer, if not from the Mac from the printer must be activated first using any other supported computer or mobile device:

HP+ OfficeJet printers - Setup Using HP Smart App (Windows 10, MacOS)

HP+ OfficeJet printers - Setup Using HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS, IPadOS)

To use the pritner on the mac following its HP Plus activation you may use Apple AirPrint, the printer is not supported by HP Easy Start utility on a Mac computer:

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/ish_1994828-1994872-16

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello ShlomiL,

thanks for your response.

HP+ is working fine. I can use everything on my iPhone using the HP Smart app.

The problem is, that I cannot install the HP Smart app on my two Macs.
A) the first on has MacOS 10.13.6 installed. The HP driver page tells me to download the HP Smart app, but then the Apple App Store says, that the app is only available for MacOS 10.14 and up.

B) the second Mac does not have the App store available. So I cannot install HP Smart from there.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-9020e-all-in-one-printer-series/38...

What can I do to use my Mac computers with my HP OfficeJet 9022e?
- The build in Mac printer driver often leads to the problem, that the printed pages are not completely ejected. (This does not happen if I print from my mobile using HP Smart)
- The build in Mac scanner driver does not work.

What can I do?
Where can I download HP Smart outside of the Apple Mac App store? FTP? (For MacOS 10.14?)
Is there an older HP Smart app version available? (For MacOS 10.13?)  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.