Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 6234
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have been using my ENVY 6234 for 7 months, works well, Last Friday 11/12/2020 I find that if I printout EMails, they have shrunk by 50% in size, both text and pictures. So on  HP Smart Default settings, A4 paper the EMail is printed in the top left hand corner of the page, readable but rather small. The preview on the laptop looks normal size, and paper tray / quality settings show as normal. In all other tests from (say) photos, Spreadsheets, Notepad documents, Web pages, the printer works normally as it always has.

I noticed that on my WIN10 HP Laptop (g6-2292sd), the settings , Apps and features, Mail and calendar  had an update at the same day, 11/12/2020. Is this a coincidence?, or have I a deeper problem with my Laptop settings?

Thanks., Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Steve259 

This started days ago - Windows Mail is not working as expected.

if you are using Windows Mail to open your email account,

then - yes - Windows Mail is apparently broken.

The printer is fine.

Use a different mail application to print emails.

What?  It is not "just you".

Check at Microsoft Community - We do not have a fix for Windows Mail.

Example

Mail App prints very small in one corner of page  

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Steve259 

This started days ago - Windows Mail is not working as expected.

if you are using Windows Mail to open your email account,

then - yes - Windows Mail is apparently broken.

The printer is fine.

Use a different mail application to print emails.

What?  It is not "just you".

Check at Microsoft Community - We do not have a fix for Windows Mail.

Example

Mail App prints very small in one corner of page  

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Many thanks  Dragon-Fur, You have put my mind to rest. I'll wait for the next MS Win10 to sort it out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.