Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am setting up the HP Envy 5000 printer with my work laptop.  I do not have admin access to this device, so installing the "Support" suite of software is not an option.  I CAN however, install the driver if I had one available.

I cannot find a printer driver for this printer on HP's website to download and install.  Only the support software.  Can anyone help me find just the printer driver?

Your help is greatly appreciated in advance!

Jeff

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Trejjohnson,

I'd like to help!

You could add the printer to your computer using windows built-in drivers-

Add a network printer to Windows

Set up a wireless or wired network printer in Windows without installing any additional drivers.

1. Search Windows for and open Change device installation settings, and then make sure Yes (recommended) is selected.

Allowing Windows to download manufacturer drivers

2. Place the printer near the network router.

3. Turn on the printer and connect it to the network.

• Printers with a control panel menu: Open the Wireless Setup Wizard from the Wireless, Settings, or Network Setup menu. Select your network name, and then enter the password to complete the connection.

• Printers without a control panel menu: Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer until the light starts blinking. Within two minutes press and hold the WPS button on the router. The light on the printer stops flashing when the connection completes.

• Printers being connected with an Ethernet cable: Connect the cable to the port on the rear of the printer and to an available port on the router.

4. Make sure your computer is connected to same network the printer is connected to.

5. In Windows, search for and open Add a printer or scanner.

6. Click Add a printer or scanner. Wait for Windows to locate the printer. When found, click the printer name, and then click Add device to complete the setup.

If your printer is not found, click The printer that I want isn't listed. In the Find a printer by other options window, select an option to locate and add the printer.

Opening options when the printer is not listed

You may refer to-HP printer setup (Windows built-in driver)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.