Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 6055E
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have an E9 error in the setup on a new Envy 6055E printer.  I have tried setting it up on 3 different devices and the error occurs at the same location on each device.  Support says I need to start over with the restart but that hasn’t corrected the error.  How do I reset the error to finish the setup process?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@S_Holland

Welcome to the HP support communtiy.

I understand that you are getting E9 error, I am glad to assist you.

An E9 error occurs when a problem occurs during a printer firmware update.

1. Set up the wireless setup again.

For more information, go to Wireless Printer Setup.

2. Touch the Information button .

If the information page prints, the printer is back to normal state.

If the printer fails to print the Information page, it is still in recovery mode and needs to download the firmware again.

3. NOTE: During recovery mode, the printer automatically downloads firmware from the cloud. Leave the printer about 2 hours, depending on your network speed, to complete firmware download and update.

Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here

Keep me posted

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This doesn’t work at all. 

I’m stuck with the printer flashing purple and E9. Upon trying to “set up” a new printer on the HP Smart app, it states it can’t connect or Bluetooth too weak. I’ve moved my printer to so many different areas in the home close to the router, nothing is happening. 

On top of that I’ve been tossed around after calling Tech support for 1.5 hours.

Why is this so difficult? I should have listened to all the negative reviews of setup and WIFI issues. *shakes head, so much for “Smart”, do better HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.