cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Brian0286
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Envy 7830 Scan from Control Panel Query

HP Recommended
Envy Photo 7830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Morning All,

I have just purchase a HP Envy Photo 7830, have pretty much got it setup how I want it but I do have a query regarding the scan to computer feature from the control panel of the printer. I have a Windows 10 VM running the HP software and setup for scan to computer - this works fine. I can also add different scan profiles/shortcuts in this software and these work OK too and these profiles all save to the correct place (a shared SMB drive mapped on the VM).

My main query is that I am trying to set this up so I can scan from the printer to the shared drive with no input on the VM. My main issue is I can't seem to adjust the scan resolution etc for the control panel options on the printer. Also any custom profiles I add in the HP scan software on the VM is there a way to push these or add custom scan profiles so when I select scan on the printer control panel I get custom higher resolution options that the default built in or am I stuck with the options which are built into the printer?

Any help welcome :).

Thanks,

Brian

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation