Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
C4280
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Acer laptop is french but with English language set up in Windows 10. The C4280 printer was also bought in France with English language. I changed from  a Dell desktop Windows 7 (bought in France) to the Acer laptop. When I downloaded the latest C4280 software to run the printer in Windows 10 , the installation and HP Control centre was in French whereas it wasn’t on the desktop running Windows 7. Any ideas if this can be changed and if so how can this be done.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Andrewknight337

Welcome to the HP support community.

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer full feature driver

Click here to download the driver.

I hope that helps.

Thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply and I will try your solution. However you or a colleague posted a similar solution before concerning the fact that the printer would work from the pc but not the scanner. I did that and followed the click here link but that downloaded the 180mb file which when installed on the French laptop did so in French without a language option which is unusual as you normally get a choice. I will follow your procedure again and I will post if this solved the problem in due course. Thanks, Andrew

HP Recommended

@Andrewknight337

Yes, you can try these steps at your leisure and let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This solution does not work having followed your instructions which to be fair is what I followed on the previous occasion.

The installed software from your link does so in French with no option to change the language of the HP Control centre. The Acer laptop connects to the printer ok and documents prints a test page and a document from a file. The scanner works ok but not from the laptop control centre. I used the print and scan doctor to check the laptop to the printer which checks all of the boxes of the test criteria except the front panel. I am now stumped for a solution unless you have one.

Andrew

HP Recommended

Hi Andrew,

The language settings are controlled by the computer, not by the HP Software.

Click the language bar near the system tray and select Language Preferences.

Click on Date, Time, and Regional Format on the side panel.

Ensure the Regional Format is set to meet your needs.

Also, click the Additional date, time & regional settings in the side panel,

Click on region, then open the Administrative tab.

Change the System Locale to meet your needs.

The HP Driver and HP Solution Center programs will change after restarting the PC, according to the selected Language and the System Locale of your PC, these should likely be changed.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your reply and I am not totally sure of what to do or understand why this has happened when moving from an older desktop using Windows 7  where the printer worked ok ( I live in France) to a laptop with Windows 10 where it doesn’t. The c4280 will print ok from the laptop but not the scanner so I assume that the language problem and scanner issues are unrelated. I am trying to understand why the HP Control Centre ‘app’ is now in French in Windows 10 but it was in English in Windows 7 on my old desktop. Are you saying that if I follow your instructions above that the HP Control centre app will revert to English? Is there a conflict between the scanner language setting and the laptop? If that were the case why does the printer work from the laptop? Thanks, Andrew

HP Recommended

Hi Andrew,

The scan issue and the language issue are not necessarily related.

First, please follow the steps above to change the language settings for the operating system so the interface language will change, then try scanning.

If there is still any scan problem, please clarify what exact error message or behavior is shown.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.