Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have looked through other peoples posts about this issue and gone through all the troubleshooting. this printer does not work properly. if we scan and print no issues, same with tests pages- no issues. but if I print from Microsoft word- doesn't print- no errors, just blank pages. if I print from Microsoft excel every 3rd line doesn't print. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@taylor5,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Are you able to print from other applications?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft office application and try printing again and check if it works.

Also, try uninstalling the printer drivers from the root level and install the full feature printer software.

• Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
  • Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
  • Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
  • Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
  • Now check for issue resolution.
  • If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
  • First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Please click here (Please enter the Product number of your printer and then select the correct Operating system and version of Windows before downloading and installing the full feature software).
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Update the full feature printer software using this link. HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue still persists try running HP print and scan doctor on the PC.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP print and scan doctor. Click Here

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Uninstall printer didnt work. Cannot uninstall office without having to purchase again. Other applications. Like printer from online and what not is all the same. The only things printing like they should are the test pages directly from printer. Everything ends up looking like this:

20190714_080650.jpg

HP Recommended

Let's try these steps here: 

The issue could have been caused by the security settings changed on the user profile. 

You may either create a new user, login with the new user profile to install the printer or Turn off the UAC from the control panel and Restart the PC. 

Here are the steps to configure UAC settings: 

Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings

To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK.  

if you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off. 

Let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.