Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

The drivers for the HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w downloaded from your support page are not compatible with Mac OS 11.2.2 
My printer is connected to the mac with default with driver version 2.3, and fails to print any thing in the print que. 

Thank you support 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Morgzallen

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Morgzallen, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To be able to assist you better, I'd like to know the following-

• Is the printer connected via USB/Wireless?
  • Is there any error message when you try to print?
  • Which application are you trying to print from?

Meanwhile, ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

Remove and add the printer

Click the Apple menu, and then select System Preferences.

Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Click the name of your printer, click the Minus sign, and then delete the printer.

Select printer and click the minus sign

Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select AirPrint

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Try to print.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer is connected with USB. 

The computer is uptodate. 

The printer firmware update tool is not able to run on the latest version of OS. 11.2.3 

The printer connects and says ready, when a print job is sent it says, sending, printing, complete, the printer never engages. 

When in plug the USB in to my friends older MAC running OS 10.15.6 the printer prints correctly.  
What is the next step for fixing this issue?

HP Recommended

@Morgzallen

Check the USB cable for damage and length, replace it if necessary, and restart your printer and computer.

1. Turn off the printer and your computer.
  2. Disconnect the USB cable from your computer and printer, and then inspect the cable.
    • If the cable is damaged or longer than 3 m (9 ft 10 in), replace it.
    • If the cable is undamaged and shorter than 3 m (9 ft 10 in), connect the cable to a different USB port on the computer. The port should be USB 2.0 or greater. If you are using a USB hub or docking station, connect the cable directly to the computer.
  3. Connect the cable to your printer, and then make sure the cable is fully secured to both ports.
  4. Turn on the computer, and then wait for the computer to complete startup.
  5. Turn on the printer, and then add your printer (Mac)

Also, disable the antivirus software installed on the computer if any, and try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This did not fix my problem. My issue is that my working printer is not working when connected to a laptop with MAC OS  BigSur 11.2.3.  Can you please provide me with a working driver. 

HP Recommended

@Morgzallen

Here is the link to download and install the drivers- https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/ASU/HP_Easy_St...

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you TEJ1602, I have done the following in order. 

• I installed the HP smart software, the software connected to my printer, then said the printer was ready. I started a print job, the printer did not activate, the job cleared with no errors. 
  • I removed the HP 1102w printer from System preferences>Printers and scanners. I uninstalled HP smart. Disconnected USB printer cable. Reboot Mac OS. Login, reconnect USB Printer cable.  Start new install of the HP smart application. After install application said the printer was online and ready. I was unable to select the printer as an option to print from. 
  • I reinstalled the HP 1102w printer in the system preferences> printers and scanners. Device showing online and ready in OS and HP smart. Started Print from google chrome. Print job spooled, and completed, HP 1102w printer never actives. Nothing prints. 

Connected printer to 2nd friends Laptop running Mac OS version 10.15.6. The HP 1102w prints correctly from chrome and any docs. I've owned this printer for years with no issue, Only change is I purchased a new Macbook Pro with Mac OS 11.2.3. 

Thank you for your help. Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 8.33.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-10 at 8.50.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-10 at 8.50.48 PM.png

HP Recommended

@Morgzallen

Kindly use the HP Easy Start to set up the printer instead of HP Smart App.

Let me know the outcome.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok I installed HP Easy Start again. After install it takes me online to install HP Smart. 
So far this is a big waste of time, I expected better support from HP.  

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 12.16.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-20 at 12.17.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-20 at 12.17.15 PM.png

HP Recommended

@Morgzallen

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.