cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Borechu
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 6960

HP Recommended
HP 6960
macOS 10.12 Sierra
Guys I am trying to scan a document. But the printer asks for my email to send me a PIN number. I did my email but I have never received a PIN number by email. Also I did try for other email. And nothing happen. Anyone can help me ?
1 REPLY 1
senan6806
Retired
Retired
4,667 4,662 307 403
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Borechu

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

Performing a network power reset and then re-configuring scan to email may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1.) Turn off your PC, Printer and Router.

2.) Unplug the power from the back of router, wait for 10 -15 seconds.

3.) Connect the power cable back to router, turn on the router first. Wait till the router to initialize.

4.) Turn on Printer and PC.

5.) Once the wireless light on the printer is steady, from printer control panel Home screen, touch Apps, and then touch Scan-to-Email app.

6.) On the Welcome screen, touch Continue.

7.) Touch in the Email: box to enter your email address, and then touch Done.

8.) Touch Continue.

9.) A PIN will be sent to the email address you entered. Touch Continue.

10.) Touch the PIN to enter your PIN and then touch Done.

11.) Touch Store Email or Auto-login, depending upon how you want the printer to store your login information.

12.) Select your scan type by touching Photo or Document.

13.) For photos, select the scan settings, and touch Continue. For documents, continue with the next step.

14.) Verify the email information, and touch Continue.

15.) Touch Scan to Email.

16.) Touch OK when the scan completes, and then touch Yes to send another email, or No to finish.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation