cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
ICantScan
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 8630 Printer & Scanning software lost its Scanning Software.

HP Recommended
HP-8630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Almost two years ago this computer lost its ability to enable scanning using the 8630 software.  When the software appears, the Scan to Computer option is always missing.  Re-installing the latest version doesn't enable the software to enable.  HP Print and Scan Doctor, work through the problem by showing the Scan software can't be found.  It has no trouble scanning an image, but when the Scan Doctor ends, that is when the ability to scan ends, unless a new run of the Scanning doctor is consumed.

My older HP-Laptop can scan without any trouble.  However, my main home computer still can't find the scanning software to enable normal scanning.

Any help to fix this issue so I don't need to always use the HP Print & Scan Doctor to get a scan would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,961 21,920 970 1,008
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ICantScan

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Root level uninstall and reinstall printer drivers

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall, click here

Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/how-to-print-scan-fax?tab=howToScan to know more about How to scan on a Windows computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation