Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M181fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Color LaserJet MFP M181fw printer received a firmware update two or three days ago. since then I have unfortunately been unable to make any copies or printouts. The printer cartridges are no longer recognized by the printer. 
I need as soon as possible a downgrade of the firmware from 20201021.
Sincerely yours.

PS. Thanks to lada_snow the problem was solved. Please have a look at the following site at the bottom https://www.borncity.com/blog/2020/11/08/hp-firmware-update-fr-tinten-laserdrucker-blockt-fremd-kart...Please read the comment dated December 4th, 2020.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found this:

[content removed.]

Give it a try. My printer doesn't allow me to make any changes in the  menu to allow downgrade. Can you tell me how did you allow downgrade on your printer? In mine there is no YES or NO options visible and I can't choose anything.

P.S. I found how - when you are in options for firmware updates in the menu and you don't see  YES / NO options, press the red X and you will see them. I write this in case someone else is struggling with the same bug (or is it feature? XD).

P.P.S. The firmware from the link above worked for me.

P.P.P.S. Since they removed my link I can share it via email if someone is interested.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

I found this:

[content removed.]

Give it a try. My printer doesn't allow me to make any changes in the  menu to allow downgrade. Can you tell me how did you allow downgrade on your printer? In mine there is no YES or NO options visible and I can't choose anything.

P.S. I found how - when you are in options for firmware updates in the menu and you don't see  YES / NO options, press the red X and you will see them. I write this in case someone else is struggling with the same bug (or is it feature? XD).

P.P.S. The firmware from the link above worked for me.

P.P.P.S. Since they removed my link I can share it via email if someone is interested.

HP Recommended

Good evening

Is your offer with the firmware downgrade for the printer still on?

Greetings, Nicolas

HP Recommended

HI, Lada_snow,

may I have the link from you please?

have been painfully looking for solutions to bring my printer back to life!

HP Recommended

Hi Lada_snow

Thank you very much for your help. I am very grateful to you.

The link has been worked very well.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

To Nicolas112358, DH007, and everyone interested:

Give me your email and I will send it to you.

HP Recommended

hi.. do you still have the link? how can i pm you, i dont see the message option.

thanks.

HP Recommended

You are right, I cant't see option for PM. Email me then - my address is lada _ snow et symbol abv dot bg. Underscore is between the two names without spaces, the rest is written this way because maybe they will delete email address if they detect it.

HP Recommended

Hi... same problem... can some one help me? faster at libero dot com

HP Recommended

E' possibile avere ancora il link ?grazie

[Personal Information Removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.