Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw just stopped working one day - I print infrequently so I can't say for certain what may have caused the issue. I went to print something and then noticed that the display window for LJ MFP M277dw was not working properly - it's just a whited-out screen so I cannot see what I'm accessing. When I push the buttons on the side of the display, I do hear the beep tones in response. However, I can't tell what is actually happening because of the broken display.

I tried to factory reset the printer but that involves holding a specific corner of the display while the printer is starting up. I don't think it worked because the display is still white out, even on start up.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Unfortunately, the device is already out of warranty.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @jliu27,

The ink has dried in the nozzles and is no longer flowing, so you cannot print. It is necessary to print a text page at least once every 15 days, to keep the printer in normal working condition. Here's what to do now to get your printer working again. Your printer is off, remove all the cartridges, put them on a cloth, so as not to stain. Wrap a cartridge in another cloth and shake the cartridge in the cloth, for about 30 seconds, this is to dilute the ink, then clean the cartridge ink outlet with a cloth lint-free wet, in the printer, do the same on the nozzles. Do this for all cartridges. Put the cartridges back in the printer, turn on the printer and do 2 software head cleanings, restart the printer.
It should work now. Keep me informed.

• Click on yes button to say thanks
  • Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered
  • Please contact me to inform me of the resullt

Best regards,

Bernard42.
HP Recommended

He has a  whited-out screen that means broken panel or bad formatter and there's surely nothing to with cartridges!

If it still can print then it's the panel or else it's the formatter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.