Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@shahram-2

Welcome to the HP support community.

Uninstall the printer driver and reinstall the latest driver

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install the printer driver

Click here to download the driver.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Respectfully, the above HP printer, HP Deskjet F4172 All-in-One Printer, its Solution Center works with adobe flash player and it is told that the Printer does not work without the flash player, regarding that after 31 December the adobe flash player does not  support it ; it is urged to delete it due to the security issue of the PC, what is the alternative for the above HP printer? will any new update be lunched by the HP in order that the users are able to continue using the above printer? thanking you

HP Recommended

Thanking for your message, respectfully, this is my question whether the Solution center of my printer, HP Deskjet F4172 All-in-One Printer (the following link), will work if I delete the Adobe Flash Player? without uninstalling and reinstalling my above printer, because some people tell that the above printer works well without flash player and some people tell ,"no, the above printer will not work without flash player", thanking you again.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-f4100-all-in-one-printer-series/3177560/...

HP Recommended

Respectfully, this is my question whether the Solution center of my printer, HP Deskjet F4172 All-in-One Printer (the following link), will work if I delete the Adobe Flash Player, regarding the end of the Adobe flash player's support? without uninstalling and reinstalling my above printer, because some people tell that the above printer works well without flash player deleting it in my PC and some people tell ,"no, the above printer will not work without flash player", thanking you again.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-f4100-all-in-one-printer-series/3177560/...

HP Recommended

@shahram-2

You can use the HP Smart app to check the ink levels.

Refer this link for the steps to download and use HP smart app:- Click here

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanking you, the HP Smart app does not work for the HP old printer like above  HP Deskjet F4172, but , for other modern like HP Deskjet 2720 works well, thanking you again. 

HP Recommended

@shahram-2

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanking you, I have already contacted with the HP support for two times, but they told me that they would not help me because  my HP Printer( HP Deskjet F4172) was out of the warranty, and so, I had to to buy a new HP printer (HP Deskjet 2720) in order to do my job, the copy of their email is as following:

Its translation from Dutch to English using Google translator:
Dear Mr.
As a result of your file known to us under number[content removed], I am sending you this e-mail.
Your printer is out of support as of March 31, 2012.
HP cannot provide support for the printers that are no longer in production and are no longer up to date.
You can make your own decision about this, nor can we as HP justify ourselves with the decision of ADOBE.
Your file is hereby closed as without consequence.
We trust that we have informed you sufficiently.
Our helpdesk can be reached by phone from Monday to Friday from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
[content removed]
With best regards
HP Customer Support

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.