Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Ummm.... Try a Microsoft universal printer driver it fixed the color issues on my Dell XPS system with my HP Office Jet 4655 series printer where HP drivers would not initiate color capabilities due to recent (October) Win 10 update....

I also have same issue  on a HP desktop system that I can not seem to resolve, neither HP or Windows 10 driver will allow it to it to print over WIFI but drivers are installed and supposedly good according to all troubleshooting  procedures.. And Yes teh HP did print to printer previous to ro Win 10 update.... But the Dell will print to printer over wifi, go figure....

HP Recommended

@sharon201, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a HP ENVY 5542 doing the same thing it will not print in color. I'm trying to do the suggestion you posted but i have multiple 7z files and I don't know which one to use

HP Recommended

Suggest that you:

• Delete the printer from control panel
  • Remove all drivers and HP related files - I mean all
  • Factory reset the printer
  • Reboot PC
  • Connect printer via USB
  • Add printer and install files from HP
  • I think this will then work in colour via USB!
  • Try wireless connection

Mine didn't work via wireless in colour but at least I can print in colour via USB

Good luck

HP Recommended

How many times is HP  going to suggest the whole delete process and reboot  and reload driver and be told that solution does not work before you get the message that driver is broken by Windows 10 update.... IT seem to be a WIFI/Windows 10/HP driver issue....

Also your daily whine to update e-mails are getting annoying....

HP Recommended

I am trying to follow this accepted solution but within the 7z folder I have Utils not Util and within that I have no CCC folder.

HP Recommended

I think that you should stop wasting your time with these 'suggested fixes' the Windows 10 driver does not work!

HP Recommended

Here is what fixed problem for me....

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/246855/managing-network-printing-in-a-windows-environment

Scroll down to   Internet Printing Protocol (IPP)

Dale

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion but I had already dealt with the problem.  I followed the advice earlier in this thread plus as found on other forums and deleted absolutely everything and re-installed by USB cable. The printer now works fine (as it did before) and both colour and automatic duplex printing have been restored.  Fortunately my printer and tower are static and virtually adjacent to each other in my work space.  Not only that but my laptop still prints by WiFi both in colour and automatic duplex, as it always has.  I am back to normal operations now so I am happy.

I shall keep a copy of this thread in case the problem occurs again.

HP Recommended

I expected to find that HP or indeed Microsoft had themselves provided a simple solution. I am a feeble 80+ female with arthritic fingers, all that keyboard activity is very difficult, but I will have a go, or buy an Epson printer !!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.