Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 6234
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have just bought this printer yesterday, 31st December. I am trying to set ups the machine and the display is saying there is a Paper Jam, remove any paper jam and make sure the tray is installed properly! 

the problem is I haven't even put any paper in the printer yet. how can I have a paper jam!? 

I have removed all packaging and any obstruction and still getting the same message, now the printer won't even calibrate. 

Can anyone help me please?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Instant123

Welcome to the HP support community.

Clean the paper feed rollers

1. Carefully lift the printer and set it on its side.

2. While supporting the printer with one hand, pull the paper tray open to expose the paper rollers underneath the printer.

Rollers underneath the printer

3. Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.

4. Press the cloth against the rollers inside the printer, and then rotate the rollers upwards with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.

5. Allow the rollers to dry completely (approximately 10 minutes).

6. Close the paper tray, and then set the printer upright.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.