Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I had printer driver and scanner software installed by the HP Easy Start.app. Everything worked well into my LAN.

Frame of reference:

I added a VPN to reach my LAN from a remote location but was not able to print (Error: cannot connect to the printer). I uninstalled all HP software and installed just the HPPrinterDriver.app and manually added the printer specifying IP (not hostname), and I was able to print from the remote location through VPN. But I did not have software for the scanner.

Problems:

1. I tried to install the rest using the HP Easy Start.app, but it returns: "Unable to communicate with the device".

2. I uninstalled all HP Software (from HP Easy Start.app), but when I try to install again from the HP Easy Start.app I got the same error message.

Questions:

A. What to do to fix this issue and be able to install using the HP Easy Start.app?

B. Is there a way to install the printer driver (to be able to print through VPN and LAN) and also install independently the Scanner software (avoiding the use of HP Easy Start.app)?

Best regards,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.