cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: "HPxxxxx.framework" will damage your computer" message in macOS Catalina or Mojave .
Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Easy Start.app (for Mac) unable to communicate with the device after HPPrinterDrivers5.1 install

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I had printer driver and scanner software installed by the HP Easy Start.app. Everything worked well into my LAN.

Frame of reference:

I added a VPN to reach my LAN from a remote location but was not able to print (Error: cannot connect to the printer). I uninstalled all HP software and installed just the HPPrinterDriver.app and manually added the printer specifying IP (not hostname), and I was able to print from the remote location through VPN. But I did not have software for the scanner.

Problems:

1. I tried to install the rest using the HP Easy Start.app, but it returns: "Unable to communicate with the device".

2. I uninstalled all HP Software (from HP Easy Start.app), but when I try to install again from the HP Easy Start.app I got the same error message.

Questions:

A. What to do to fix this issue and be able to install using the HP Easy Start.app?

B. Is there a way to install the printer driver (to be able to print through VPN and LAN) and also install independently the Scanner software (avoiding the use of HP Easy Start.app)?

Best regards,

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation