cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Envy 4512 Duplex Print

HP Recommended
HP Envy 4512
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Envy 4512 has been installed for some time and running without issue under Win 10 including auto duplex printing . I have auto updates so my OS is current. A few weeks ago an update came in from HP for the HP Printer Assistant utility which I installed. Two issues occurred right after  that install: 1) the HP Printer Assistant uUtility home page & overall look changed (Not for the better in my opinion) which seems to be more cumbersome (Nit issue) . 2) Auto duplex printing did not work anymore. It did before with good results. Printer porperties under Control Panel shows feature is not installed now. What I get is the manual option of  "Hey, Grab those sheets, turn 'em around and hit continue" to print the other side when I ask for the two-sided prnt.   How do I get the auto duplex installed (Again) and turned on so that I do not have to manually do it?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,720 12,673 1,273 3,127
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you watch this resource on how to set the Automatic Diuplexing Unit to "installed"?

Configure Print Settings on HP Officejet Pro 7740

(Different printer model but the steps are the same)

Watch up to time 1:45 secs.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Watched the video plus I already visited the printer's properties under Control Panel before. For my printer the duplex option shows as "Not Installed". It was installed before and now has gone to electronic heaven. Apparently I need to re-install the printer via the disk to re-establish the proprerties that the HP Printer Assistant update took as collateral damage plus, hopefully, re-install the HP Printer Assistant that is more user friendly.

I believe I mentioned it before, but the prior version of the  HP Printer Assistant SW was better than the updated version. I have a secondary HP Envy printer (Model 4500) on the network and it works like a charm and the HP PRinter Assistant is the User Friendly version. I am NOT going to buy into any HP update easily anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,720 12,673 1,273 3,127
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @AZJimO

Thanks for the feedback. So we take it that the issue is resolved with a reinstall of the software?

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry answer for a problem caused by windows update.  Because you bundle udates,  programs, enhancements, and sales pushes to add to your database tracking, we pay the price of doing manual installs.  No Kudos here

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation