Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My mother a HP Envy 5530. Originally it wouldn't work with Windows 10 at all. But suddenly it started working and did so until yesterday (july 2021). We have done no changes other that Windows updates. Scanning, setup, intern test print works. But when printing from Windows the document shoes as "Printing..." in the queue, but then disappears without anything beeing printed. Have tried the solution on HP support, tried all solutions on the net, uninstalled drivers, removed all remaining files. Reinstalled drivers. Nothing heps. Same result. Documents disappear from queue without printing 😞  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After installing the Microsoft KB5004296 update (this week) documents are printing again.
The docs for the KB says something about print processor/queue problems.
Might fix this problem for others experiencing docs just disappearing from the queue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @LarsErikOsterud,

I'd like to help!

I understand that the print job disappears from the queue.

Try the below suggestions to resolve the issue-

Step 1: Check the print queue

Determine whether the print job disappears from the print queue in Windows 8.

1. From the search results list, click Devices and printers.

2. Right-click the name of your printer from the Printers section.

3. Click See what's printing to open the print queue.

4. With the print queue open, try to print your document again.

• If the print job disappears from the print queue and does not print, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor

Follow these steps to use the HP Print and Scan Doctor to fix the issue.

Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor to automatically diagnose and resolve printer hardware and connection issues.

If you cannot complete these steps, or if the steps do not work, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Uninstall the HP driver and software

Follow these steps to uninstall the HP driver and printer software.

--->In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

--->Select your HP printer.

--->Select Uninstall.

--->In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

--->In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

--->Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

--->Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

--->Click on the Drivers tab.

--->Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

--->Select OK.

--->Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

--->Close Devices and Printers.

Step 4: Rename the HPBXPSRENDER.DLL file

Follow these steps to rename the HPBXPSRENDER.DLL file.

1. Right-click the Start button  or the lower left corner of the screen, click Search, and then type %windir%.

2. Double-click the System 32 folder, double-click the Spool folder, and then double-click the Drivers folder.

3. Double-click the x64 folder or the w32x86 folder, depending on your operating system, and then double-click the 3 folder.

4. Right-click the HPBXPSRENDER.DLL file, and then click Rename.

5. Delete the DLL suffix, type OLD in its place, and then press Enter. The file name now displays as HPBXPSRENDER.OLD.

6. When the "If you change the file name extension, the file might become unstable. Are you sure you want to change it?" message displays, click Yes.

7. Close the window.

Step 5: Download and install the print driver

Reinstall the printer full-featured drivers from the software and drivers page 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I have done all those steps several times. Still same problem 😞
Have even tried deleting all HP*.* files from "spool/drivers" and "drivers".

And run a registry cleanup afterwards. Still doesn't help 😞

HP Recommended

Try installing the printer with windows built-in driver

Try and print. 

Let me know how this goes!

HP Recommended

Same result 😞

HP Recommended

We have tried all the troubleshooting steps from our end, I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region for further assistance

HP Recommended

After installing the Microsoft KB5004296 update (this week) documents are printing again.
The docs for the KB says something about print processor/queue problems.
Might fix this problem for others experiencing docs just disappearing from the queue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.