Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As in the title; HP Envy Pro 6430 Showing Offline Even Though It's On.

So the printer is showing as Ready (green) on HP Smart, however, whenever I try to print something, the printer tray status shows it is offline.

I have attached showing you the issue.HP Envy Offline when Online.JPG

I have also tried to download the firmware for this printer, however, when I run the exe, the window doesn't show my printer. Yes, the computer is connected via Ethernet to the same router as the printer. And I have printed (of course) things before.

The above "Offline" also happens when there is a paper jam, even though I have cleared the jam up.

To rectify this, I have to restart my PC every time this happens. Surely this is NOT the solution each time I want to print something?

What is this issue?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

HP Printer Update Status EMPTY.JPGAttached is the Printer Update Status window showing empty, when trying to install the Firmware, so it's trying to find the printer.

HP Recommended

@bingbang

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your HP printer is in an offline state.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
  5. Wait for the light bar to turn blue-white or white.

6. Update the printer firmware. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading the Printer Firmware.

If the issue persists, follow the next steps: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2026537-1681507-16 HP printer is offline or not responding.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi ECHO_LAKE,

I tried the steps 1-5, however, when the printer starts and I try to run the printer firmware, the installation doesn't find the printer. Again, it's as if the printer is offline even though it is on and I could send a document to print to it from another machine.

Even restarting does not help this time.

The PC is connected to the same network via Ethernet, even though the printer is connected via wifi.

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi ECHO_LAKE,

Now I have removed the printer from my Windows device and tried to add the printer, but it is not finding it now.

HP Recommended

UPDATE:

I uninstalled HP Smart, re-installed it and I can print from within HP Smart (Print Documents button), HOWEVER, when I try to configure a new printer, WIndows 10 does not find it.

What and why would this happen, even if HP Smart can print documents?

What can I do now?

HP Recommended

RESOLVED

Had to ring HP Support for resolution of this. And Uros from support did an amazing job to help with this resolution.

Basically, we had to change the IP address setting from with the desktop PC to manually configure the printer's IP address, so they could talk to each other. The we had to re-configure the settings in HP Smart to this new IP address config.

All worked after that.

Great job Uros. 

HP Recommended

@bingbang

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.