Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Has anyone tried to get a HP LaserJet 1320 to work with Windows11?
I see it is not on the HP list of compatible printers, but wondered if anyone has found a generic driver or something that would work.
If not , does anyone have any good suggestions for how to reuse a perfectly good HP LaserJet 1320?

Tx

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jes2021 

Hello,

As a solution, I suggest that you use a universal printing driver.

Try the following solution:

1. Download and then run (UPD PCL 5):
  2. Select the Traditional Mode, and then click on Next.
  3. Select the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings, and then click Next.
  4. Click the Use an existing port drop-down list and select DOT4_001: (HP Print Device), then click Next.
  5. Under Printers, select HP Universal Printing PCL 5, and then click Next.
  6. The Printer name field, type HP LaserJet 1320 series, and then click Next.
  7. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
  8. Try to print.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hello ... I am having the same issue, and followed your instructions by running UPD PCL 5 for 64-bit systems, but did not find the port DOT4_001 among the options ... ???

Thanks, Bill

Bill
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.