Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet CP 1025nw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Dear HP support!

I've got HP LaserJet CP 1025nw and in one moment I've lost possibility to print with it. 

My computer is Mac with Catalina 10.15.7 and I have the last set of HP drivers I found on HP site (from November of 2020). I removed all old drivers before installing new ones, I dropped down current printer a dozen times and rebooting the system, I was trying to do it with wi-fi and wire connection. Nothing works!

At the same time the printer works perfectly with windows notebook and prints test report through web interface on my Mac. 

Please help me!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@RusPrint, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Which application are you trying to print from?

Follow the steps below, try to add the printer using AirPrint drivers-

Ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

Remove and add the printer

Click the Apple menu, and then select System Preferences.

Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Click the name of your printer, click the Minus sign, and then delete the printer.

Select printer and click the minus sign

Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select AirPrint

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Try to print.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer!

I was trying to print from TextEdit, MS Word, MS Excel, Safari, Evernote and and a dozen more applications. All the same.

I did all steps you advise:

- my MacOs is up to date,

- there is no available firmware for HP LaserJet CP 1025nw on HP site so I did it as is,

- when I'm trying to add printer from the first tab nothing happens. No new printer.

https://youtu.be/eKic0o-Qx48

- when I'm trying to add printer from  tab IP (photo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7b046tmhe9hwdhc/p2.png?dl=0 )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7b046tmhe9hwdhc/p2.png?dl=0

I have my printer in printers list but every time I try to print I receive Filter error. 

HP Recommended

@RusPrint

Let us try resetting the printing system-

1. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.

2. Click Printers & Scanners, Print & Scan, or Print & Fax.

3. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.

Figure : Clicking Reset printing system

Image: Click Reset printing system
  4. Click Reset or OK.

5. If prompted, type your username and password, and then click OK.

The printing system resets.

6. Turn off the printer, wait 5 seconds, and then turn on the printer.

7. Wait until the printer is idle and silent.

8. In the Printers window on the Mac, click the Add button .

9. Select your printer from the list, and then click Add.

It might take a few seconds before your printer displays in the Printers list.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Tej1602

It seems I've forgotten to mention that every time I was trying to setup the printer I reset printing system and switched the printer off just like you write in your post. I did it because I already read this advice in one of topics here.

Anyway I did it again. Moreover I unplugged the printer from power socket. Unfortunately result is still the same. No printer from the first tab, Filter error from the second (IP) one.

I need to tell the printer works fine being connected to Windows computer or when printing from iPad through AirPrint. So the printer is technically absolutely in order.    

HP Recommended

@RusPrint

Thanks for replying!

Use this link to download and install the driver- https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/ASU/HPPrinterDrivers5.1.dm...

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Tej1602,
thank you for the link to download driver. I cleaned up old ones and install it. All I have today is absolutely the same problem. No printer at all while setting up in default tab and filter error with IP tab.

I compared drivers files. You've send me the same driver downloaded by myself from HP site. 

So I slill have a dead printer while connected to my Mac.

HP Recommended

Today I've tried  to connect my printer with USB cord. I've tried once more all the solutions from this topic. 

All the same. I can't print. 

HP Recommended

@RusPrint

This requires remote assistance.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear TEJ1602

I followed the HP support link you gave me and found two options there (as you can see on attached picture of my screen):

1.  Get to HP Support Community

2. Find HP Service Center

I have nothing to do with HP Service Center because my printer is in oder and perfectly prints from Windows applications and from iPad using AirPrint.

So HP gives me a single options to write here. So I'm here again and ask for help.

Or may be you can give me direct contact to HP Support in Russia?

My screen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oaquyp604brfqhm/screen.png?dl=0

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.